Enforcement of Child Support in Kansas

Olathe Child Support Attorney Standing Up for You

After a divorce, a parent may be court-ordered to make monthly child support payments for the sake of their child's care, health and education. Should they fail to make these payments at any point before the terms are ended, they may be forced to do so under K.S.A. § 23-3101. This section of the Kansas Statutes states that the parent could have their wages garnished in order to "enforce orders of support and to provide children access to health coverage under their parents' health benefits plan." After an income withholding order is issued, their wages could be withheld to cover their delinquent payments.

We Can Help You Prepare, Start to Finish

If you need to make a motion to enforce child support, don't hesitate to hire a Johnson County divorce lawyer right away to counsel you and help you through the process. You may need to go to court if there is a dispute, and even if you don't, an attorney could help you make the motion and obtain the payment you need for your child. To find out what a divorce attorney could do for you, call the offices of Martin & Wallentine to discuss your situation at no cost to you.

Need Help in Johnson County? Call 913.232.2518 Today!

Your child deserves to receive support from both of their parents, so don't hesitate to seek legal help if your child is not receiving the payments they are supposed to receive under court order. A divorce attorney from our firm could provide the representation you need, so contact us today to learn more. We are skilled trial attorneys and could provide the caring service and aggressive representation you need. Call today for your free consultation or fill out our free online case evaluation. A Johnson County family lawyer from our team could help!

Internet Marketing Experts

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.