Prairie Village, KS (May 4, 2023) – A pedestrian was left with injuries following a hit-and-run accident that took place in the Prairie Village area on Tuesday afternoon. Calls for assistance came to the Prairie Village Police Department at approximately 10:07 p.m. on May 2.
Official reports show that a male pedestrian was walking in the 2800 block of Somerset Drive during the afternoon hours. For unknown reasons, he was struck by a white Ford pickup truck, which was traveling east on the roadway toward State Line Road. The truck fled the scene of the crash.
Authorities arrived at the scene and located the pedestrian on the sidewalk suffering from injuries. He was transported to a local hospital for emergency care.
The police department is currently trying to locate the driver of the involved vehicle. Investigations into the crash are underway.
We hope the pedestrian is able to recover quickly following this accident.
Pedestrian Accidents in Kansas
Pedestrian accidents leave countless people injured in the state of Kansas every year. In many cases, these crashes are a result of negligent and reckless actions. There are several injuries that pedestrians are likely to suffer as a result of their accidents. These include:
- Fractures and broken bones: Severe compound fractures are incredibly common injuries for pedestrians to suffer. We see many pedestrians suffering from broken hips, pelvis, legs, and arms as a result of accidents.
- Head and brain injuries: Injuries to the head or brain can be incredibly traumatic. These injuries can result in mood problems, balance issues, and even cognitive and physical impairments.
- Spinal cord injuries: Pedestrians who suffer spinal cord injuries can experience some form of paralysis. Unfortunately, the paralysis that pedestrians are left with can be permanent in nature.
- Internal organ Injuries: internal organ injuries can be incredibly life-threatening. Unfortunately, we see many pedestrians left with injuries to the organs, internal bleeding, or even complete ruptures.
- Soft tissue injuries: These injuries can be particularly debilitating. Many pedestrians who suffer from soft tissue injuries experience pain and discomfort. Soft tissue injuries can include contusions, sprains, and strains.
Suffering a serious injury as a result of a pedestrian accident can impact your life forever. If another person’s reckless or negligent actions have caused you harm, you must reach out to our pedestrian accident lawyers in Prairie Village right away.
Our personal injury attorneys at Martin & Wallentine, LLC can help you protect your legal rights and hold the negligent party accountable. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that you are fully compensated for the losses and damages that you experience as a result of your pedestrian accident. No matter how complicated your situation may seem, reach out to our Missouri personal injury law firm right away so we can provide the legal resources necessary for a successful outcome. Call our dedicated personal injury lawyers today at 913-764-9700 and find out how we can assist with your case.
Notes: Our writers utilized secondary sources when writing this news article about an accident. We have not independently reviewed all of the circumstances surrounding this accident; therefore, please get in touch with Martin & Wallentine, LLC right away if you locate any incorrect information in our post. We will update the post with the most accurate information currently available. A post will be removed upon request.
Disclaimer: We hope that by raising awareness about driving hazards, drivers will be more cautious when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being seriously injured in a collision. This accident news post is not a business solicitation. The content of this post is not intended to serve as medical or legal advice. This post's featured image was not captured at the accident scene depicted in the post.