Davis Township, MO (May 5, 2023) - The Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to the scene of a crash in Lafayette County that sent two people to area hospitals with injuries. The accident was reported at around 1230 p.m. on May 4.
According to officials, a 2020 Honda Accord was traveling on the left side of Interstate 70 westbound during the afternoon hours. For unknown reasons, the vehicle became involved in a collision with a 2006 International tractor-trailer.
The Honda came to rest in the right lane of travel near mile marker 50.4. The semi-truck went over the guard rail and overturned before coming to rest just north of the interstate.
Two people suffered injuries as a result of the accident.
Higginsville EMS transported 21-year-old Helen Izoita to Centerpoint Medical Center for emergency treatment. An ambulance from Concordia EMS transported 56-year-old Robert Wright to Centerpoint Medical Center for further medical care.
The circumstances surrounding the crash are currently being investigated.
We hope Helen Izoita and Robert Wright are able to recover quickly following this crash.
Truck Accidents in Missouri
Truck accidents can be incredibly devastating. Unfortunately, these accidents take place far too often in Missouri. When people are injured in truck accidents, they are able to file legal claims against those who are responsible. When it comes to truck accidents, it can be a complex process to determine who is liable for the resulting injuries and damages. These circumstances surrounding the accident will generally determine whose negligence played a role in the accident occurring.
In Missouri, some of the people who can be held liable following truck accidents include:
- Truck driver: If the driver's negligent actions contributed to the accident, they may be held liable. This can include actions like speeding, driving while impaired, or switching lanes recklessly.
- Trucking company: The company that employs the driver may be held liable under certain conditions. In general, the trucking company must have engaged in some type of reckless or negligent hiring practice. They can also be held liable if they fail to maintain the vehicles correctly.
- Truck manufacturer: If a defect in the truck, such as faulty brakes or a defective tire, caused the accident, the manufacturer may be held liable.
- Cargo loading company: If the accident was caused by cargo companies negligently loading cargo onto a trailer, the company could be held liable.
- Government entity: If the accident was caused by a roadway defect, a lawsuit may be filed against the government agency that is responsible for maintaining the road.
To determine who is liable for your truck accident, you should reach out to a Davis Township truck accident lawyer immediately. Your attorney will be able to conduct a thorough investigation to identify all liable parties and take action against them.
At Martin & Wallentine, LLC, our experienced truck accident lawyers in Davis Township have devoted their lives to helping those who have been injured in an accident seek the justice and compensation that they deserve. We utilize a team of experts to conduct thorough investigations into your case.
We work hard to ensure all aspects are taken care of properly so you can focus on recovery from your injury without financial worries. If you or someone you know has been involved in a trucking accident, please reach out to our Missouri personal injury law firm at 913-764-9700 for more information about how we can help with your legal needs.
Notes: Our writers utilized secondary sources when writing this news article about an accident. We have not independently reviewed all of the circumstances surrounding this accident; therefore, please get in touch with Martin & Wallentine, LLC right away if you locate any incorrect information in our post. We will update the post with the most accurate information currently available. A post will be removed upon request.
Disclaimer: We hope that by raising awareness about driving hazards, drivers will be more cautious when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being seriously injured in a collision. This accident news post is not a business solicitation. The content of this post is not intended to serve as medical or legal advice. This post's featured image was not captured at the accident scene depicted in the post.