Quiet Title

Quiet Title Attorney in Johnson County, KS

What is quiet title?

Quiet title actions involve a lawsuit to establish a title to property or remove ambiguities concerning the ownership of that property. This lawsuit will quit any challenges or claims to a title, hence the name "quiet title." There are other names for quiet titles, such as try titles, trespass to try titles or ejectment actions.

They can also be used to establish ownership of:

  • Cars
  • Boats
  • Planes
  • Furniture
  • Jewelry
  • Other properties

If you are dealing with a dispute about the title of your property, don't hesitate to contact an attorney at our Johnson County civil litigation firm today. Our team can assist you by researching your case, preparing and filing your claim, and giving notice to the correct parties. If your claim is contested, we can patiently help you to navigate the process of complex litigation.

How Quiet Titles Affect Real Estate

When it comes to real estate, quiet title issues normally involve a complaint that the title is defective. They can be brought by individuals asserting ownership or by non-possessory interests in land, such as individuals owning an easement.

Some of the reasons a quiet title action concerning real estate may be necessary are:

  • Adverse possession where the new possessor sues to obtain the title in their own name
  • Fraudulent conveyance of property due to a forced deed or coercion
  • Torrens title registration
  • Tax taking issues
  • Boundary disputes between states, municipalities or private parties
  • Surveying errors
  • Competing claims inversion, remainders, lien holders or missing heirs

All of these confusing issues can be fixed with a quiet title. Consequently, it is important to have a trusted attorney to guide you through this process. Without a reliable lawyer, you may find that you are facing difficult issues that you can't understand on your own.

How Quiet Titles Affect Automobiles

Quiet titles are also frequently used to help individuals deal with vehicular ownership. Sometimes the state will refuse to register a vehicle because of confusion regarding the vehicle identification number (VIN.) An uncontested quiet title action can often bring clarity to the situation and the state will then register the vehicle.

PLEASE NOTE that we can only do quiet title actions for vehicles to be titled in Kansas or Missouri.

If you want more information on quiet titles, please visit our Quiet Title Statute page. Contact us today for more information about quiet titles and your case. We serve all of Johnson County!

We Take Pride in Establishing Solid Working Relationships with Our Clients

Read What Our Former Clients Have Said

  • "Professional, informative, and vital in working with the prosecutor to secure the most favorable outcome possible".

  • "Jerry kept in constant contact with us and our son during the case and went the extra mile to plea before the judge outside and inside the courtroom".

    Joanne from Nebraska
  • Disaster diverted!!!


Schedule a Consultation!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.