Over the years, Martin & Wallentine has defended numerous clients charged with prescription fraud. In many cases, defendants are accused of prescription fraud due to allegedly altering the numbers on the physical prescription sheet. For example, the police claim that the original prescription was for 30 pills, not the 130 pills the prescription now says. Other times, the allegation is that there was no valid prescription in the first place and that the doctor's name on the prescription is a forgery.
If the prescription was for a pain killer, this especially raises the attention of law enforcement or the pharmacists who reported the incident. If you have been accused of, charged with, or are under investigation for prescription fraud, call our law firm right away to speak with an experienced drug crimes defense lawyer. We could provide the representation you need to have your charges reduced or dismissed.
Understand and Challenge the Kansas Statutes in Place
Laws regarding prescription fraud are found in K.S.A. 21-5708. Such a crime includes the following actions:
- Making, altering or signing of a prescription by an unauthorized individual
- Distribution of a prescription that is knowingly fraudulent
- Possessing a fraudulent prescription
- Possessing a fraudulent prescription with the intent to distribute it
- Falsifying information in order to obtain a prescription
Penalties for prescription fraud are as follows:
- Selling a fraudulent prescription: Severity level 9, nonperson felony
- Obtaining a fraudulent prescription: Class A misdemeanor; severity level 9, nonperson felony for a repeat offense
Call (913) 764-9700 to Take Action Today!
If you have been accused of prescription fraud, let an experienced Johnson County drug crime attorney from our law firm represent you. We have represented hundreds of clients throughout Kansas and Missouri. Our firm is located in Olathe, KS across the street from the Johnson County District Courthouse and has extensive experience in trial cases and criminal defense.
Call today for a consultation to learn what we could do to fight your charges.
Read What Our Former Clients Have Said
"Professional, informative, and vital in working with the prosecutor to secure the most favorable outcome possible".Barb
"Jerry kept in constant contact with us and our son during the case and went the extra mile to plea before the judge outside and inside the courtroom".Joanne from Nebraska