The Overland Park Municipal Court serves the second largest city in Kansas. The OP City Court is extremely well funded, has a large prosecutor's office, and two judges. The Court is open almost everyday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. This is required to efficiently process the large amount of cases filed. Alas, the Overland Park Police force is gigantic. Furthermore, the Overland Park, KS cops are hard core officers, intent on giving out many tickets, DUIS, and criminal charges. If you have been issued a ticket, citation, or notice to appear from an Overland Park Municipal Law Enforcement Officer, contact an experienced Overland Park, Kansas lawyer immediately. As Johnson County criminal defense attorneys, we are regularly in the Overland Park City Court defending our clients. We know the system, Overland Park's intricate policies, their discovery practices, and local issues which are different than other courts.
Like the Olathe municipal court, the Overland Park municipal court has its own court services department. This means that if you are placed on probation or diversion, it will be evaluated and monitored through Overland Park's court services. For most other courts, outside approved and certified Kansas agencies provide the substance abuse evaluations and probation monitoring. Overland Park is such a machine, it has it's own system and procedure. However, they are not an end to itself. You have the right to appeal your case to the Johnson County District Court, which is over the City Courts.
If your criminal defense lawyer appeals your case out of the Overland Park Municipal Court, you will end up in the Johnson County, Kansas District Court, which is located across from our law firm. We are located across the street from the Johnson County Courthouse purposefully, as we are in the court on a daily basis. If you are dealing with a serious legal issues in Overland Park, contact an experienced Johnson County, KS attorney who knows the legal system in this area.
Experienced and Dedicated Kansas DUI Attorneys
At the Law Firm of Martin and Wallentine, LLC, we have the experience and expertise necessary to provide outstanding legal representation. As OP, Kansas trial lawyers, we represent clients in Overland Park, Kansas and consistently deliver aggressive and strategic DUI defense representation. We appear in Overland Park City Court on a regular basis. When you need serious legal representation, call us to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
The Benefits of Hiring Martin & Wallentine DUI Defense Firm are the following:
- You will have an Overland Park, Kansas DUI defense attorney who is experienced with Kansas DUI representation and trial. We have detailed knowledge of Drunk Driving Defense in OP, KS. We pride ourself in attempting to provide you the best lawyer work possible.
- We are highly energetic and interested in fighting for our Overland Park clients, whether your case was charged in the OP municipal court, or the Johnson County District State Court.
- You will be represented by Martin & Wallentine personally, and not by some lawyer from an associate Overland Park, KS law firm.
- We approach each case aggressively, regardless of whether you plea bargain, do a diversion, or proceed with a jury trial and specifically create a defense around your individual facts.
- Your first consultation is free.
- We accept VISA and MasterCard.
- As Overland Park criminal defense attorneys, we regularly appear in the Overland Park City Court for clients charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We know the Overland Park Court system, Overland Park Police tendancies, Overland Park Judges, and Overland Park prosecutors.
Johnson County Criminal Defense Attorney
Over the years, we have represented and defended many clients charged with crimes in the Overland Park City Court. As experienced criminal defense lawyers, we have defended against many criminal misdemeanor charges, including DUI drunk driving, battery, assault, disorderly conduct, drugs, domestic violence, patronizing a prostitute, solicitation, and theft. If you are charged with a felony crime originating in Overland Park, KS, your case will likely be heard in the Johnson County District Court rather than the Overland Park Municipal Court.
Overland Park Municipal Court
Overland Park, Kansas 66213
The court's website is Overland Park Municipal Court
Read What Our Former Clients Have Said
"Professional, informative, and vital in working with the prosecutor to secure the most favorable outcome possible".Barb
"Jerry kept in constant contact with us and our son during the case and went the extra mile to plea before the judge outside and inside the courtroom".Joanne from Nebraska